One may ask if there is still a need for Acer mini laptops in this age of tablets and smart phones, we at Technemag also did. We came to the conclusion that mini laptops are still a great fit for many people. This is what Acer realize and has made sure that these small computers meet the need of many individuals.
The Acer mini laptops are great for people on the go and have to be online while going from place to place. It is also ideal for people who do word processing and using Microsoft Word and Excel. Mini laptops are also in a price range where they are perfect for students needing the usual keyboard and screen combination.
2016 News from Acer
Acer mini laptops are being revamped and updated so that the newer models have a larger hard drive and smaller touch screens. These notebooks will be perfect for everyday internet use, movie watching and will also work well in classroom settings and even business trips. Overall, expect higher CPU power, memory and storage to make Acer mini laptops excellent multi-tasking machines.
Top 5 Acer Mini Laptops Overview Chart
What Makes a Good Acer Laptop
- Pick the right processor: Think anything between 2.4 – 3.6GHZ speed and you are good to go. Six gen processors today have enough horse power to run today’s software and games. The gaming industry keeps pushing the limits as well so processor combined with a strong graphic card is key here.
- A lot of RAM: You should have at least 8GB in your new laptop, at least for this year. Next year it will be even higher. If you plan to keep your laptop for a long time, dont cut out on the RAM. You will see a spike in performance on higher RAM.
- Nextgen Battery like Lithium: This is especially true for gaming laptops. You need more power to keep that machine running and if you dont have access to the charger a battery breakdown could be devastating. With a Lithium battery you are the most pro-active when it comes to keeping your laptop up and running. No more hassle with finding charges all the time. You will have a 85% bigger productivity with a Lithium battery compared with a a lead corrosive battery.
5 Acer Mini Laptop Reviews
These Acer mini laptops give you the best value for your money. It may surprise you with its data crunching capabilities and affordable price. This is the perfect mini laptop for word processing and basic functions.
It uses an Intel Celeron N2840 Dual-core Processor that can run up to 2.58 GHz. The screen is a huge 11.6 inch, widescreen, 2048MB DDR3L memory to 32GB SATA Internet Storage. It also has an LED backlit display, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth4.0 and a built in webcam. It uses Windows 8.1 with Bing
- One of the more affordable Acer mini laptops
- Weight is near to nothing
- Keyboard is very comfortable and easy to use
- Mouse pad breaks easily
- Made of low quality plastic that can be rough to the touch
- Battery life is an issue
These Acer mini laptops have very thin and light forms that make it easy to carry and use anywhere. It is perfect for watching videos and basic data processing. Its portability and basic functionality and affordable price make it a good choice for many basic laptop users.
The screen is at 11.6 inches, Processor is a 1GHz PA8200 and a RAM of 4GB DDR3. These Acer mini laptops can hold about 500GB with an overall weight of 4.5 pounds and runs on a Windows 8 platform.
- Lightweight and sleek design
- Hard drive space is big for its class
- One of the more affordable Acer mini laptops
- A bit slow compared to other mini laptops
- No built in network card
- Short battery life
These Acer mini laptops are very thin and light, making it excellent for people who are always on the move. It is geared for a smooth internet connection. This mini book is geared to connect and browse online. This unit was built to give your viewing experience the HD edge. Watch your movies and videos in great detail. All this in a small package, what more can you ask for?
These Acer mini laptops have an 11.6 inch HD graphics screen, Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz processor with a 2GB DDR3l SDRAM memory and a 0GB 1rpm 16 GB Solid State Drive. It weighs 2.4 pounds and uses a Chrome operating system.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- HD video screen allows for quality grade videos and movies
- Too pricey for what it can do
- Limited storage space
These Acer mini laptops pack quite a punch for its small size. It has a low power consumption rating and still runs on a dual core processor that plays your favorite videos without skipping and for extended periods of time. The laptop is easily carried around, and provides more than enough computing power to fulfill your data processing and video needs.
These are the specifications for these Acer mini laptops. The laptop runs on an AMD Dual Core C series Processor C-60 which can go up to 1.33 GHz. It has an 11.6 Widescreen LED backlit display and an AMD A50M Fusion Chipset. It also uses an ATI Radeon graphics set (HD 6290), 2048MB DDR3 Memory AMD a 320GB SATA hard drive. It runs on Microsoft office Starter 2010 and weighs in at 3.21 lbs.
- Excellent laptop performance in terms of processing and speed
- Large storage space
- Long battery life
- Excellent graphics for video and movies
- No built in Bluetooth antenna
- Speaker volume is not loud enough
This is an excellent mini laptop for people on the go. It is lightweight and relatively easy to carry. It also has more than enough computing power to do most basic processes and to top it all off it comes at an affordable price that will surely interest any budget conscious individual.
These Acer mini laptops run on a Windows 7 home premium 64 bit Operating System. It has an HD 11.6 inch widescreen with CineCrystal LED backlit display. AMD Dual-Core C-60 Accelerated Processor, AMD A68M Fusion Chipset, ATI Radeon Graphics with 256 MB dedicated memory, 320GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) and 2048MB DDR3 Memory. It also has a Microsoft Office Starter 2010 kit and all in all weights in at 2.65lbs.
- Long battery life compared to other brands
- Made of sturdy material
- Large data storage space
- Slow boot up and shut down time
- Not ideal for multitasking
- Sound may be an issue for some
Most Acer mini laptops and any mini laptop for that matter were built for portability and basic computer processing. This is why this mini laptop is good for those who just do basic computer tasks like browsing the internet, data processing and watching videos. A good mini laptop can cover all those needs for an affordable price.